Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 136. Fekkai Coiff Controle Ironless Straightening Balm [review]

And today, for something different, I am reviewing a hair product. Ok, it's not make up per se, but still beauty related!


Disclaimer: I have tons and tons of hair. My hair is not just long (halfway through my back) but also quite thick and obscene in quantity. Technically it could be defined as straight, but left in its natural state it tends to be very slightly wavy and go frizzy.
Second disclaimer: I have no patience. Like, not at all.

The conjunction of these two facts has me constantly looking for some kind of magic, miraculous product to help tame my unruly frizzy hair and help me avoid using a flat iron. The latest result of my quest is the Fekkai Coiff Controle Ironless Straightening Balm.

The balm is a white, light cream that you are supposed to lightly work into the ends of your hair when it's still almost wet. After working it into your hair, you can blow dry it using your hand to keep the hair  tense and straight.

The product is light and does not make my hair heavy or oily looking, and it helps a bit with the waves.  But not completely. And it does not fight the frizz. While my hair is distinctly straighter then it would be without the Fekkai balm, it still would need a good pass through the flat iron to keep the frizz out and be completely straight.
I think I still get frizzy hair because the balm only goes on the very ends of the hair, but my hair is so long that humidity just works its way in.

It took me a while to finish this product as the results are not what I aspected from such an expensive product. While it's 25 US $, in Italy it's slightly more, around 30€, and I do not think I would repurchase it again, since it doesn't work on my hair as it is supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment