Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 125. Mac Silly lipstick [review & swatches]

Third product from my mini Mac haul is a lipstick called Silly!

Mac Silly lipstick





Silly is also part of the Fashion Sets Spring/Summer 2013 collection.
It's a cool pink shade with a matte finish, as the other lipstick from the collection.

Swatches for Mac Silly lipstick (right: natural light; left: flash)


It's not sheer but not even completely opaque, and I think this makes it not as overwhelming in intensity as Embrace Me or Party Parrot. Somehow, even if the color is really intense, it remains soft.

It goes on the lips very easily: it's creamy and doesn't tug on the lips. I'd say that it's half way between Mac Ablaze and Mac Embrace Me for creaminess and drying feeling on the lips.

Longevity is also mid way between the other two lipstick from the Fashion Set collection that I reviewed. It lasts longer than Mac Ablaze, but less than Embrace Me. Its creaminess makes it easily transferable and feather out and disappear during meals. I would say it last about 4 hours on my lips if I don't drink or snack excessively.


Mac Silly lipstick applied on the lips
I really like the color of this lipstick, I'd just wish it would last a bit longer and wouldn't fade during meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment