Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 132. Dior Hydra Life Eye BB Crème [updated review]

As I finally finished the samples of Dior Hydra Life Eye BB Crème I got about a month ago, I though I'd update my first impression post.



From further experience with the Dior Eye BB Crème, I learned:
- if you even just overapply it, it gets cakey, powdery, and gets into my fine lines;
- on my skin it turns color after a while: its warmth disappears and becomes grayish. This may be on interaction with my particular skin type, as it's not the first product to turn color on my skin (for example, the MUFE HD foundation oxidizes on my skin and becomes yellow), and the BB Eye Crème could be perfectly fine;
- while it's very lightweight, it also does not last as long as my usual concealer;
- my Erborian BB Cream, if used carefully around the eyes, and both my Estèe Lauder Double Wear concealer have more coverage and lasting power than the Dior Eye BB Cream.

So after careful consideration, I came to the conclusion that for me the Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Crème works as a concealer with medium coverage. It has its strong points: it has a very light formula and texture and that a little goes a very long, long way.

So if you like your concealer with a light formula and coverage, this product may be for you. If you are looking for a cream/concealer with the miracle powers of a BB Cream, then I'd say that this product is not it and you are better off spending your 45$ in a specific eye product. Just a personal opinion, though.

Do any of you have tried the Dior BB Eye Cream? does it works for you? is it worth the money?

No comments:

Post a Comment