Sunday, March 31, 2013

Quick & Easy Make Up for Glasses [look]

TPTB decided to gift me with nearsightedness, therefore I have been a proud glass wearer since I was 10. In the last few years I started to favor contact lenses over glasses, but some days I don't feel like going through the hassle with my lenses and this is one of my favorite make up for the day I decide to wear my glasses!


Products:
- Mac Eye Shadow in Brulè and Omega
- Mac Rich Ground gel liner
- Kiko Super Color Mascara in 04


Prescription glasses can modify lightly how other people see your eyes because they can slightly warp both shape and dimension of the eye.
To avoid this effect, when I wear glasses I tend to do a very simple and naked look on the eyes.
It took a lot of trial and error to figure out what worked for me: I learned to avoid most shimmery and glittery shadows because they reflect the light strangely and that doesn't agree with my glasses.



In this look I dusted Mac Brulè all over my lid (up to my brow bone) to even out my skin tone. On the lid I patted a little bit of Omega, to get a little contrast. Both are matte shades, so no reflective properties.

Then I lined my upper lid with my Rich Ground gel liner, curled my lashes and applied one light coat of mascara to my upper lashes. I left the lower lashes bare to have a more natural effect.


The gel liner is the only source of reflective light, so it's not too much.

With this kind of eye make up, usually I use an outrageous lipstick, such as Mac Party Parrot.

This is pretty much the make up I do every time I wear glasses. It's quick, it's easy and it's easily adaptable: you can change the colors of the eyeshadows and the liner as you need and as it fits you best.

The only true, one advice I have is to keep the eye make up contained within the frame of the glasses. The rest is up to you and what it works for you, the shape of your glasses, etc.!

No comments:

Post a Comment