Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 64. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold

Review for another Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24H Cream Gel Shadow, this time in Pink Gold. 



This review is very similar to my original review, it changes only for the shade, which I found very similar in characteristics to Light in Purple. 

Let's start with the color.
Swatches for Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold
(left: natural light; right: flash)
It's a very pretty nuance of pink, it's very metallic, but not glittery. If the "gold" part of the name wants to suggest a gold shimmer, well, on my skin it does not show up. You can see it's metallic but mostly it reads cool toned silver to me. 
The color is very nice: perfectly suited for a day look, it gives a wash of color and brightness to the eye.
It's pretty sheer, but it's buildable (swatch on the bottom) without getting cakey. 

The application is smooth, as the product is very creamy and light. I usually apply it with my fingers. 

I have the same problem with the Pink Gold Color Tattoo that I did with Light in Purple: it is not long lasting on my lid if I don't use a primer. To get it to last all day I give a swipe of UD Primer Potion before applying the Color Tattoo. I have fairly oily lid, so it's expected, but my friend S. got the same Color Tattoo in the same exact shade and she has dry lid, and Pink Gold creases on her as well in about 4/5 hours.

So, good product, fantastic for day/neutral looks, but you must be willing to use a primer before applying it to make it really long lasting! 



[ETA 03/14/2013: eye look with Pink Gold here]

No comments:

Post a Comment