Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 88. Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector [review]

I am always exasperated about my lips, very much as I am exasperated by my eyebrows. My lips are kind of thin and shapeless, undefined. I am very careful to use a liner with my lipstick, because otherwise I look I smudged my lipstick.

A colorful lipliner though defines the lips a bit too strongly in my opinion, no matter how close in color is to the actual lipstick. Ant it also looks a bit too '80s for me.

So I searched long and hard for a solution, and I found it in the product I am reviewing today: the MUFE Lip Line Perfector.



The MUFE Lip Line Perfector is a transparent lip liner that can be applied around the lips or on the lips themselves. In the first case it acts as a transparent lip liner: it prevents the lipstick from bleeding and helps with the shape of the lips. In the second case it acts as a lip primer.

I admit I mostly use it as a lip liner: first I applied it around my lips to give them shape and then I apply my lipstick of choice. It definitely helps shaping my lips and keeps my lipstick from bleeding and feathering out.



I only tried to use it as a lip primer once: it's not too bad but I felt I was wasting too much product.
This is not just a feeling of mine: the lip line perfector is extremely smooth and soft, it applies extremely easily, so it's kind of easy to waste product. It's so soft it's easy to break the pointy end: it happened to me a couple of times and both times I cursed my self for wasting precious product.
Since it's so soft, I usually put it in the freezer for one hour or so before sharpening it, to avoid wasting too much product.

The Lip Line Perfector is basically just transparent wax, that dries invisibly. So, no need for swacthes today! Sometimes you can see a bit of reflection when applied but only if you really focus on the lips.

This is one of the product I keep on my vanity in easy reach: I cannot wear lipstick (especially the one in the intense colors that I love) without the lip line perfector.

It's not cheap (around 16€) but I feel it's totally worth it. So far I haven't found a high road dupe for this: all the product I tried just disappeared and let my lips shapeless and made my lipstick bleed.

1 comment:

  1. Maybelline makes a Clear Lip Liner as well. Not sure how well it works but its the only cheap alternative I've found.

    ReplyDelete