Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 55. Quick & Easy Dramatic Eye Look

Today a quick post for a quick & easy dramatic look for going out, using just 3 eye products and a pair of false lashes!
Except for the falsies, the eye look is pretty easy: just an eyeshadow and liners.


Products_
- Urban Decay Virgin eyeshadow from the Naked palette
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Black gel liner
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Zero
- Primark Beauty Sultry Lashes


After applying my foundation and concealer, I prepped my eyelid using my UD Primer Potion. With a flat brush I patted UD Virgin all over the lid. With a soft domed brush I picked up a little bit of color and blended upwards, towards my brow bone. I kept repeating these steps till I was satisfied with the color.

Virgin is a fantastic eyeshadow in a pink/champagne shade with a satin finish. It's soft and buttery and applies like a dream. It can be used as an all over the lid color or as a highlighter. I think that as a over the lid color it helps brighten up the eye and makes you appear awake!

After that, I lined my lash line with my MUFE Aqua Black liner. I let the gel liner dry and in the meanwhile I prepped the false lashes: I cut off 3 little groups of lashes because the lashes were too long for my eyes.
Using a trick I learned from the The Beauty Department, instead of applying the glue to the lashes I applied it directly over my eyeliner using a thin brush. Since I'm clumsy, this tricked helped me avoiding gluing the falsies to my nose or something. It's a useful technique if you lack fine motor control.
After applying the glue, I waited a bit, and I curled my real lashes and applied my mascara. After that I positioned the falsies and glued them on. I let the glue dry and then I reapplied my mascara on my real and false eyelashes.
I passed my UD Zero pencil over the line of the false lashes and lined my inner waterline and half of my lower lid.



 


The look is pretty easy: don't be scared to use falsies. If you use the technique described above it's really easy to apply them.

You can pair this dramatic eye look with naked lips, or if you are feeling daring, with a red or fuchsia lipstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment