Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 34. Gold-olive look

A look in golds and greens, using a banana technique.


Products:
- Sleek MakeUp PPQ Palette in Barry White, Supernova, Primal Green, Golden Silvers
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencils in Stash and Mildew
- Maybelline Feather Look Volum'Express Mascara




I patted Supernova, a matte taupe color, all over my lid. Then, starting from my outer corner using a stiff dome brush, I traced a line in and over the crease with Primal Green, a shimmery dark moss color, half way to the lid. I closed the line with Golden Silvers, a greenish gold color. Finally, using a fluffy brush I blended this rough line I did with my eyeshadows. I then used Berry White, a shimmery silver white shade, to highlight my brow bone and blend out the harsh edges of the green eyeshadows.



I lined the upper lid using UD Stash pencil (golden dark green), which I also lightly smudged on my lower lid.
On my waterline instead I used my UD Mildew eye pencil.

I curled my lashed and applied a coat of mascara.
On the cheek I used theBalm HotMama! blush.

To be truthful, the banana technique is supposed to bring the eyeshadow upper on the crease, keeping it high and bring it way over the inner corner of the eye. Also, usually only one color goes on the line and not two, and this color is kept very neat and definite form the others. I preferred keeping the whole look more soft and blended, both in color and shape, since this is a day look! Please refer to this Make Up Geek tutorial for having an idea of how a real banana technique eye shadow application is supposed to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment