Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 44. YSL Vernis à Lèvres #25 [review & swatches]

Second post dedicated to one of my favorite lip product, YSL Vernis à Lèvres, this time in shade #25 (also named Fuchsia Neo-Classic).


Click here for swatches and more information!



I don't have much to add to my original review of the YSL Vernis à Lèvres.
The only difference between #8 and #25 is that #25 needs just one coat to be fully opaque. The second coat adds shine, but the color is pretty intense in one go.

Swatch for YSL Vernis à lèvres #25 - Fuchsia Neo-Classic


YSL Vernis à lèvres #25 - one coat


YSL Vernis à lèvres #25 - two coats

One thing I forgot to write when I reviewed YSL Venis à Lèvres #8 is that I think the products works better if you don't smack your lips together to spread the product: the color adheres better to the lips and stays on longer if you use the applicator to apply it.

Another difference I noticed between the two Vernis I own is that #25 stains more and feathers more while eating and drinking. I took the picture you see below mid-luch when I realized the product was transferring to everything my lips touched. I took the picture and then wiped it off and then reapplied after lunch. Probably with only one coat of product you wouldn't have a transfer effect!

YSL Vernis à lèvres #25 - mid lunch
YSL Vernis à lèvres #25 - stain

Even though I think this shade is not as good as #8, this Vernis is still one of my favorite lip product and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment