Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 52. Kiko 'Colours of the World' LE Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows [swatches]

Quick post today with a few swatches I took in-store of the new Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows from the Colours of the World collection.




This collection has 6 limited edition stick eyeshadows. I didn't have the chance to test them on the eyes, so this is not a review, just a quick first look to these LE products.

Swatches for the Kiko Colours of the World Long Lasting Eyeshadows
(left: natural light; right: flash)
The colors from the top are
- Smokey Grey (33): cold dark gray
- Intentional Bright Ivory (28): neutral bright pinky nude color, might work well as highlighter or to brighten up the eye
- Intensive Coral (29): it looked more orange than coral to me, but never less a bright, intense color.
- Shiny Fuchsia (30): blue toned bright fuchsia, seemed a dupe for UD Woodstock but in cream form
- Soft Green Apple (32): the name is misleading in my opinion, as this shade looks more aquamarine than apple green to me
- Hypnotic Iris Blue (31): violet blue shade

All the shades have a matte or satin finish, and have very good pigmentation. On my hand they swatched easily, didn't tug at all, and seemed soft and buttery. I think these characteristics may translate well on the eye.
I kept these swatches on my hand all day, and they moved only when I washed my hand with soap, and I had to use wipes as well to get rid of the last of the color.

I don't think I'll get any of these right now, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for the last three shades during sale season!

No comments:

Post a Comment