Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9. Marshmallows

My friend A. suggested the name for today look, Marshmallows, as the whole look is in shades of pink and very soft.



Products:
- Sleek Make Up Good Girl Palette (Meringue, Strawberry Sorbet, Lychee)
- Mac Strobe Cream
- Mac Chromagraphic Eye Pencil in NW25
- YSL tint a lévres in 25
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Underground
- Benefit Benetint
- Kiko Super Color Mascara in 04



On my eyelids I patted the color Meringue, a pinky-white color (top row, second color from the left), while on the crease and on the lower lids I used Strawberry (bottom row, first color from the left), a demi-matte fuchsia pink, that is not as fuchsia as it appears in the pan. I highlighted my brow bones with Lychee a white shade with a hint of pink (first color on the first row).


Picture taken with flash. 





I lined my eyes with a soft brown eyeliner pencil, UD Underground.



On the cheeks I used Benefit Benetint, a lips&cheeks stain in a natural pink color and highlighted my cheekbone with Mac Strobe Cream. 


On to the swatches! 



As for all the Sleek Palettes, the colors in the Good Girl palette have a good-to-excellent pigmentation. They are soft and powdery, so be careful when you dip your brush in the pan to dust off the excess color you are going to pick up. All the colors blend well and easily and have a shimmery/demi-matte/pearl finish. This palette contains colors in the pink-red-burgundy range and can be used for light-hearted (pinks) or more serious looks (burgundy).

Swatches for the Sleek Good Girl Palette (natural light)

Urban Decay Underground eyeliner pencil is a medium dark brown color, with excellent pigmentation and buttery consistency. It's very suitable for lining your eyes for a day look.

Swatches for the Urban Decay eye pencil in Underground
(top:natural light; bottom: flash)
The Mac Strobe Cream is a moisturizing cream with reflective properties. It can be applied as a face primer under your foundation to give your complexion a dewy finish, or by dabbing it in strategic places on your face to highlight them (cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose).

Swatches for the Mac Strobe Cream on naked skin
(top: flash; bottom: natural light)
The Benefit Benetint is a liquid cheeks&lips pink stain, that dries fast and must be blended quickly and smoothly to avoid splotches of color on your cheeks; it can be layered to obtain a stronger pink color. It lasts all day for me when I wear it over my foundation. It gives your skin a rosy glow without looking too fake.

Swatches for Benefit Benetint, unblended and blended (natural light)
I already reviewed and swatched the YSL tint here and the Kiko Super Color Mascara here.


No comments:

Post a Comment