Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27. Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara Review

I recently got a sample size of the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara and I have been testing it for the last few days, and today I think I am ready for a review.





The Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara is newish mascara that claims to have a curling effect on your eyelashes.
The formula is not dry at all, and it's not black-black but it covers the lashes nicely. It clumps my lashes together a bit but nothing intolerable. The mascara wand is slightly curved. I don't find it comfortable to use, I think I prefer the straight wand applicator, but I suppose the shape of the wand helps with the curling effect.



As you can see from the picture below I have fairly straight lashes.


The Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara definitely has a curving effect on my lashes, but not an excessive one at that.


To get that effect I had to give my lashes two good coats of mascara. I don't think I have found the right way to apply it. I tried the zig-zag motion, a straight application from the roots of may lashes, but I didn't notice any difference in the curling effect or the resulting slight clumpiness.

Side by side comparison: no mascara - with Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara
The sample id 4ml, while the full size should be around 11.5/12ml (this mascara is not available yet at my local Sephora, so I cannot verify, I am going by logic here!) and around 27€/30$.
My go-to mascara is Diorshow Black Out but since it's pricey when I am out I use my Maybelline Feather Look Mascara. I think that this Overcurl sample will have to come with me in my travels before I decide it's worth giving up my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment