Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3. Rockin' soft plum

An autumn-winter look in plum, with a hard edge given by the black liner.
I didn't have time to do natural/flash swatches, so I just did the swatches in natural light. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

Day 3. Rockin' soft plum.


Products
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color in 17
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Shadow/liner
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyepencil in Zero
- Maybelline Falsies Feather Look Volum Express Mascara (not pictured)
- Sleek Makeup Blush in Santorini (889)
- Mac Lipstick in Sweet Sunrise




This look is very simple, easy and quick to do.

I patted the Aqua Cream cream eyeshadow on the lid with my finger and blended in and over the crease. I did two layers because blending causes the product to become very thin. I didn't apply a base because once they are on, the MUFE Aqua Cream stay on for a long time.
Then I lined my eyes with the Aqua Black liner (all the way for the upper lid, 3/4 in for the lower lid). I smudges the liner on the lower lids and then I lined my lower waterlines dippind the UD Zero eyepencil in the Aqua Black to make the line waterproof and long-lasting. Mascara a-go-go.

Day 3. Rockin' soft plum


Day 3. Rockin' soft plum (OMG this picture sucks)


On my cheek I lightly dusted the Sleek Santorini blush with a stipple brush. The color is intense and even with just a bit of product on the bristles, it was still too much. I went back in with the kabuki brush I used to do my foundation to blend the color a bit.

Day 3. Rockin' soft plum with Sleek Santorini
on the cheeks.

On the lips I kept it toned down, since the eyes were so defined. I thought a milky-nude color would be best and chose Mac Sweet Sunrise lipstick.

Day 3. Rockin' soft plum with Mac Sweet Sunrise on the lips.
And this is all! Let's see the swatches!

Day 3. Rockin' soft plum products.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color in 17 is a soft plum-burgundy color. It applies a bit unevenly but the lasting power alone is enough to get past this small defect. It's waterproof and has a soft texture when applied. It has a really subtle shimmer that is not fastidious or in-your-face.

Swatch for MUFE Aqua Cream in 17 (natural light, one layer)


Sleek Makeup Blush in Santorini is part of the Mediterranean Limited collection that launched months ago. It's a intense blue-toned pink-fuchsia with incredible color payoff. As I already said, pick the smallest amount you can and blend well.

Swatch for Sleek Santorini blush (natural light, no base)

Mac Sweet Sunrise is a nude-color lipstick that belongs to the Naturally LE collection. It has a Lustre finish and is sheen and not drying on the lips. No staying power though. I have fairly pigmented lips and this lipstick reads milky on me instead of pink-nude (as you may see on my arm). For me it works well when I want to keep my lips neutral and almost invisible with a strong eye look.

Swatch for Mac Sweet Sunrise (natural light)
 
See you tomorrow!
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment