Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4. A night on the town

Extreme (for my standards, anyway) make up look with falsies and red lips to spend a Friday night to remember!


Product I used:
- Mac Paint Pot in Painterly
- Mac Eye Shadow in Shroom, Nylon, Brulé and Wedge
- Make Up Forever Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow Aqua Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
- Maybelline The Falsies Feather-Look Volum'Express Waterproof Mascara
- H&M Divided Eye Lashes (black falsies)
- Mac Powder Blush in Melba 
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector
- Mac Lip Pencil in Redd (not pictured)
- Inglot Lipstick in 408
- Sleek Pout Paint in Pin Up (157)

Keep reading and let me know what you think!

Here are the eyes. Except for the falsies, I kept it pretty neutral. I swept Brulé on the whole lid (up to the brow bone), then I applied Shroom on the top lid to give a little bid of spark, with a touch of Nylon (more gold toned than Shroom, which is more pinky-silvery) on the inner corner. 
I lined my upper lid and did a sedate cat eye eyeliner with the MUFE Aqua Black (gel liner); the Urban Decay Zero pencil went on the lower waterline and it was the only part of my make up that wore off before the night was over (see second picture on the first row below). I curled my lashes and applied the Mascara (awesome formula: light, lengthening) and the I put on my fake lashes. The H&M lashes worked really well on my eyes, even if they were a bit too short for my eyes and they are a really good deal: for less than 7€ you get two pair of fake lashes.


Day 4. A night on the town:open.
Second pic on the top row it's my make up after  5/6 hours

Day 4. A night on the town:close.
Second pic on the top row it's my make up after  5/6 hours

Lips. Since I "eat" my lipstick in a short time, I started with the MUFE Lip Line Perfector which didn't work at all on me. After this, I filled in my lips with Mac Redd Lip Pencil, and then I went in with a brush and the Inglot lipstick. After blotting, I applied with another small brush a little of the Sleek Pout Paint. 

Day 4. A night on the town: lips.
Please note the distinct blue/purply tone of the lipstick in the top pic. 

Since my lips are pretty thin I feel that I did a good job making them looking fuller, but even with all the steps I described  above I couldn't get the lipsticks to last or not to feather badly. This is why I usually use neutral shades. 

No pictures of my cheeks because I am a silly girl and I forgot.

Product Swatches.

Eye Shadows.
From the top: Mac Nylon, Mac Shroom, Mac Wedge and Mac Brulé. First picture shows swatches taken with a flash, the second one swatches in natural light. 
Swatches for Mac Nylon, Mac Shroom, Mac Wedge and Mac Brulè. Picture taken with flash;
on the left eyeshadows applied with no base, on the right applied over Mac Painterly.
Swatches for Mac Nylon, Mac Shroom, Mac Wedge and Mac Brulè. Picture taken in natural light;
on the left eyeshadows applied with no base, on the right applied over Mac Painterly.


Mac Nylon and Mac Shroom are two shimmering shades in neutral colors. While Nylon is more gold-toned, Shroom is more pink-beige and works well as a shimmer alternative to Brulé, which has a matte finish.

Mac Wedge is a matte brown and can be used both as a all-over eyelid color or just in the crease to give depth to the eye (as I used it here). It's a little bit stiff in the pan, but easy to blend on the lid. 

Mac Brulé is a matte shades that is identical to my skin tone, so it sort of does not show in the pictures. I use it to blend other neutral colors, to do a total nude look (fake bare lid, etc) and to cover up the discolorations on my lids. It is very soft and powdery, but it is easy to work with and to pick up from the pan.

Swatches for Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero (two lines on top) and
for MUFE Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Shadow (two lines on the bottom)

The formula for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils is my favorite one. They go on the skin and on the waterline easily and without tugging or dragging, and the color payoff is great. The UD Zero pencil is not black-black, on the waterline it doesn't stay on for a long time and usually I dip the tip in the MUFE Aqua Black to get a true black, long-lasting, waterproof color. It is a more than decent eye pencil and it stays longer when it is applied on the skin. Since it is not black-black it can be used for day looks without it being too much.

The Make Up For Ever Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow Aqua Black is the product I use when I want to line my eyes. Technically it is a cream shadow but it passes also as a gel liner. You have to work fast with this product, because once it is dry it just doesn't bulge and it is truly waterproof. Works wonder on the waterlines.

Swatches for Mac Redd Lip Pencil (top two lines), Sleek Pout Paint
 in Pin Up; Inglot Lipstick in 408. 
Nothing to say about the Mac Lip Pencil in Redd: it covers my fairly pigmented lips well and it does not dry them to much.

The Sleek Pout Paints are the poor man version of the OCC Lip Tars and they come in a limited range of colors, which can be mixed together. As for the Lip Tars, you only need a small amount to cover a lot of space. After a first layer I usually blot and reapply another small amount of pout paint. The Pount Paint in Pin Up is a blue-based red that is not drying on the lips and leaves a slight sheen even when dry. It lasts quite a bit on me, but I cannot say it is long lasting.

The Inglot Lipstick in 508 is a matte red with no evident undertones, but to me it seems blue based. Not my best purchase: it is difficult to work with, hard to pick up with a lip brush and it tugs when applied directly on the lips. It is drying and the color payoff is so-so. This may be a good point if you want a wearable red lipstick for day looks. It wears for 2/3 hours on me without major feathering.

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think and see you tomorrow with another look!
E.


No comments:

Post a Comment