Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29. Aurora Borealis

For the following turquoise-blue-green-purple-reddish-brown look I took inspiration from the colors of the  Aurora Borealis'. It mixes matte and shimmer finishes and several colors.



Products
- Sleek Make Up iDivine Monaco Palette: Bamboo, Summer Breeze, Humming Bird, Aquamarine, Midnight Garden and Moors Treasure.
- Urban Decay 27/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Ransom.
- Maybelline Feather Look Volum'Express Mascara


After applying my Mac Painterly paint pot, I patted Summer Breeze (light turquoise/aquamarine color with a matte finish) on my inner corner. Next, on the rest of the lid I used Aquamarine (the shade is obviously a medium aquamarine color with a matte finish. In the center of the lid I used Humming Bird (aquamarine color with gold shimmer), to add a little bit of light to a otherwise completely matte look. On the outer corner, I applied Midnight Garden, a matte, dark navy blue. I also took this color down lightly to my lashes, midway through the lid, to give depth to my eyes.



I blended these colors from the crease up with Moors Treasure, a matte red-brownshade, that turned a light purple brown when it mixed with the blue toned eyeshadows.
I blended out this color using Bamboo (matte beige color) on the rest of my eyes up to my brows.
I lightly lined my eyes with UD Ransom eye pencil, a bluish-purple color. Finally I curled my lashes and applied a generous coat of my Maybelline Mascara.






Products


Aquamarine is missing form some of the pictures but you can see it pretty well in the picture of the open palette.

The iDivine Monaco Palette is from the Mediterranean collection Sleek MakeUp did a couple of summer ago. It's one of my favorite palette from Sleek: the color selection is amazing, the color pigmented and long lasting. The only weak point is that the eyeshadow are a bit powdery and prone to fall out while applying but for the rest it's a fantastic buy. Today I wore this eye look from 7am to 8pm and the eyeshadows were just a little faded along the crease! Amazing!

On my cheek I used theBalm HotMama! blush and I kept my lips nude, with no lipstick or gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment