Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 101. Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme in 02 Luminous Peach [first impressions]

A few days ago I got an email from Sephora that said that they were giving away samples of the new BB Eye Creme from Dior, so I went and got one. I was a bit disappointed and felt that the Sephora email was a bit misleading because it strongly implied that it was a sample size bottle, instead it's just a 1ml/0.03oz sachet sample. Anyway, I decided to try out this new product and do another first impression post. 

So without farther ado...


The new Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme is a new eye cream that promises the advantages of a BB cream but aimed only to the eye area. The brochure I got with the sample claims a three-fold function (directly translated from the Italian brochure):

1. Treatment: hydrating, "Eye Revival" technology that fights bags and discoloration under the eyes and that is revitalizing.
2. Make Up/Cosmetics: new corrective pigments and brightening powder
3. Protection: SPF 20
While #1 and #3 are pretty straightforward, I really don't know what to make of #2. I reckon it means that Dior developed new pigments with more coverage and that the cream has some kind of highlighting property, as the cream is distinctly fluid and there is no powder to be seen.

It comes in two shades: 01Beige Lumière (Luminous Beige) and 01 Peche Lumière (Luminous Peach).


The second part of the brochure is a how-to-apply guide:

1. Apply a small amount of product around the eye, using the doe foot applicator (I guess the regular size has a doe foot applicator)
2. Spread the cream near the the brow bone area from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye; spread the cream near the lower lid, patting gently from the outer corner to the inner corner of the eye.
Backstage advice
To correct dark bags under the eye: apply a small amount of BB Eye Creme to the dark area patting gently.
To brighten up the eye area: apply the product to the outer corner of the eye spreading the cream toward your temple. 
As you may have understood already, from the description the BB Eye Creme should act as a corrector/concealer coupled with a eye cream, but on steroids.


I got a sample in 02 Luminous Peach, which is perfect for my medium-light skin tone, if a bit too warm. While lighter skin tones may be covered by #01, I wonder what people with skin tones darker than medium are supposed to do. Hopefully Dior has more shades coming up or is just marketing them everywhere else outside Italy.

Swatches for Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme in 02 Luminous Peach

The Dior BB Eye Creme is very very light in texture, almost liquid, smooth and easy to apply: it didn't deposit into my fine lines. It is quite pigmented. The texture and the pigmentation make possible for the smallest amount of product to cover all the eye area with no product. I still have a lot of product in the sachet and I think it will last me a few more days.

It is smoothing and it looks like it gave a good coverage, but it was difficult to gauge as I didn't have a lot of discoloration or bags under my eyes today:

no cream
As you can see from the picture below the under eye area looks smoother and with less imperfections. I'm sorry if the light is different in the two pictures, I took the pictures in natural light and the sun is being uncooperative these days!


with Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme
It lasted without problems, with no fixing powder for about 5 hours. After that I had to remove my make up so I couldn't test it any further.

Since I still have product in the sample I'll keep testing in the next few days, I'll report back if my opinion chages or if I have new information. So far I have to say that I am impressed since the BB Eye Creme is really light and seems to offer good coverage.

[ETA 05/13/2013: updated review here]

No comments:

Post a Comment