Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 97. Stila Lip & Cheek Stain in Raspberry Crush [review & swatches]

Today's post is dedicated to another of the Stila Lip & Cheek Stains, this time in Raspberry Crush.


The main part of this review is basically the same as the one I did for Coconut Crush, please refer to that post for general information about the packaging and basic product information.

Rasberry crush is a blue-based fuchsia, with a soft metallic finish. It looks like it has some sparle and shimmer, but it is really evident only after two layers of products.

Swatches for Stila Raspberry Crush
Lip & Cheek Stain
The color is intense, pigmented  and completely opaque in two layers. It distinctly wears longer on my lips than Coconut Crush, lasting about 5 hours, and leaving a light stain behind. It's definitely buildable in intensity: one layers gives a bit of color and a shine to the lips, two or more layers great coverage and  bold color.

Stila Raspberry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain
Top picture: one layer; bottom picture: two layers.
I definitely tried to use Raspberry Crush as a cheek stain and it works, lasting about 4/5 hours on me. I think the metallic finish shines through though so I don't like to wear it often as a cheek stain. It is easy to apply: I usually use my fingers to pick up the color from the brush and then work it in my skin. The trick is to pick up just a little bit of color and work it well into the skin and blend it into the foundation before it dries.

Overall I really like Stila Lip & Cheek Stains, especially because they are light on the lips, they don't dry and the packaging is really convenient for on-the-go application. Raspberry Crush is particularly pigmented and versatile, both as a cheek and a lip stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment