Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 118. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin [review & swatches]

Today I am reviewing a product I used in two of my previous looks. I actually borrowed this product from my friend C., who let me test and review it! So, here it is the review for Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin!

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

While I am a avid user of the classic UD Primer Potion, I never had the chance to use any of the other shades the primer potion comes in and I gotta say that I love this one!

It comes in a plastic squeeze tube colored in a bronzy brown color, but don't let the color fool you (more on this later). The tube is easy to handle but if you are not careful you risk pressing too hard and getting too much product, even if the nozzle is thin. This packaging is still so much better than the old one that primer potions had.


The printing on the tube says both "eyeshadow primer (potion)" and "eyeshadow base", and while a primer and a base are not the same thing, the Primer Potion in Sin is definitely both. It is a primer because it preps your eyelids for eyeshadows and make them last longer and it is a base because it makes colors so much brighter.

I'd also say that it can be used as a long lasting cream eyeshadow by itself, as the color is so very, very pretty and natural.


Sin is a bright, almost metallic, rose-y champagne shade that fits most skin tones and brightens up the eyes. Sin is what I imagined the Mac Bare Study paint pot would be: bright, easy to apply and evenly spreadable, creamy, long lasting. It's opaque in one layer and a little product goes a long way!

I do love it, and I'll definitely purchase it once the sample jar C. gave me runs out!

Thank you, C. for your help and for allowing me to test your Sin Primer Potion!

No comments:

Post a Comment