Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 111. Mac Copperplate eyeshadow [review & swatches]

Today another product from my mini-haul. I had to exchange a product at Mac, and I got Copperplate to fill my ever growing collection of nude eyeshadows.

I got a refill pan as I have a few spot to fill in my Mac palette.



Copperplate is a muted taupe colore with a Matte2 finish. It's cool toned and leans towards the grey part of the color spectrum.

Swatches for Mac Copperplate eyeshadow
(from the left: pan, natural light, flash)
This shade is very sheer in application: it took a couple of layers for the pigmentation to show. Obviously a primer (UD Primer Potion in this case) helped a lot: as you can see, the second swatch in each picture is more intense than the one on the right side.

The color is kind of powdery and stiff in the pan and needs a little bit of work on the lid. It blends easily but be careful since it sheers out with each swipe of the brush. I do suggest you pat it on and not swipe it to help the color stay in place.

I cannot say much about its longevity, but I suspect is going to be quite similar to the other matte eyeshadows I own: lasts about 4 hour with no primer, the whole day with a primer.

While I like the shade and the full matte finish, I am definitely a bit disappointed in the pigmentation and the application Copperplate offers.


No comments:

Post a Comment