Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 96. Vichy Idéalia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream [first impressions]

Recebtly I got a few samples of Vichy Idéalia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream, so I thought I'd write a first impression post after testing it for a few days.


Vichy Idéalia claims to be smoothing and illuminating. It's paraben-free and hypoallergenic, so it's good on sensitive skins.



It's very light weight and smooth, it applies and absorbs easily.


It is really fresh on the skin and it does smooth out the skin texture, even though not as much as the silicon-based face primers I tried in the past or my Laura Mercier Oil-Free primer.
I didn't find it especially illuminating on my skin but not it's not dulling on the skin either. Interestingly enough, instead I detected a slight firming action about half an hour after I applied it: my skin felt tighter and more compact.

Foundation stays on easily and last about all day with only minor fading. Idéalia does not claim any oil-control, so it's no wonder that my t-zone got slightly oily about half day in and foundation majorly faded in that area.


I think it's interesting finding a base that is paraben free. I think I'll finish all my samples and see if I can find any more good points!

No comments:

Post a Comment