Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 153. Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer [review]

A quick post today for a product I almost always use and barely mention: Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer!

Image from Allure

Since I have combination-oily skin, I need a good primer to help control any shine and help my foundation stay on, especially in my t-zone.

I have been using this foundation primer for a couple of year now, I am very, very satisfied with it.

Usually I do make up around 6.30am and I get back home around 6pm, with some days staying out till 8 or 9 pm. I apply this primer in the morning under my foundation and I know that I'll have most of my foundation intact in the evening. It won't be perfect or as covering as in the morning, but it will be there.
It helps control any shine for about 6/7 hours so I get a long time without having to reapply my powder. After that, my t-zone becomes shiny anyway, but I think the primer does a good job anyway. For the first few hours my skin looks perfectly matte.

As for appearance it is a light white cream, easy to apply. You only need a pea-size amount for your whole face: I tend to focus on my t-zone and apply the primer just where I need it.
After a while I discovered that this oil-free primer works so much better if you let it sit for about a minute before applying your foundation. The foundation will drag a bit and sit better on the skin if you let the primer rest for a minute before applying: even if it's a bit harder to work the foundation on the skin this way, it lasts so much longer.

I highly recommend this primer if you like a matte finish on your skin and if you have a combination-oily skin like I do: the results are amazing and better than any other primer I tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment